Monday, January 11, 2010

January 11, 2010

I am failing huge in the blogging world. But even my journals go like this. Every other day entries and such. So let it be.

Yesterday, and the day before was nothing of significance, as far as beauty goes or this journey of mine. Actually, I have been in the same outfit all weekend. My comfortable purple pants and a sweatshirt barrowed from a roommate of mine. And I am quite comfortable, indeed. What I did realize yesterday, is how freeing this is. Which is what it is supposed to be. But I was actually able to splash water on my face in the church bathroom, just as I was getting ready to leave, and it was refreshing. I didn't have to worry about mascara smudges or anything of the sort. I can rub my eyes, freely.

And I was revealed one incredible and obvious truth.

Beauty, and all things beautiful, are not what we see. God, in all His glory, can make Himself into anything He desires, yet He is a Spirit, and He reveals Himself in ways unseen to the natural eye. What we think is beautiful, what we know as beauty, is not all we see. God is the most Beautiful thing ever - He encompasses all beauty and glory and honor, and He is unseen. He is the Spirit that lives inside of us, therefore our inside is beauty. Not our appearance and what the world has gotten lost on and thought to be beautiful. No, no. It is God. I don't think my words are doing justice. I know they're not. This thought is so 'wow' that I can hardly speak it. And it's hard to sum up the beauty of the most beautiful being that ever was, is, and is to come, in just a few simple human words. But I hope the point is at least there.

And this revelation came from the friend of mine I was in fear of. And he is loving me, as my brother, as a son of our Father, and not because I'm made up or look nice, but because I just am.

And I'm learning a lot. But slowly. And we're less than a half a month in out of 12 months. But this is what I have learned thusfar.

The Glory. The Beauty. Our Father. Mmm.

I'm gonna rest on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment