Friday, January 8, 2010

January 8th, 2010

So, I had this dream last night that Miley Cyrus came to my old High School and performed with her dad, and there actually weren't that many people there. Later on in the dream I wanted to interview her for my school's newspaper and she aggressively refused. I say aggressive because I distinctly remember her pushing me away. Then she took a look at my face and said something to the extend of "You don't wear makeup?! You're hideous! Get away from me!" And I said something to the extent of "Are you kidding me? I'm going to write about this!" And I remember thinking, "How can she say something like that and claim to have Christ living inside of her." And I woke up with Party in the USA stuck in my head, walking into the bathroom, mumbling, "Miley Cyrus is a Bitch."

But she's not. I mean, I can't say she is. I haven't ACTUALLY met the girl. But the Miley in my dream was indeed a bitch. I honestly remember, in my dream, thinking to myself "I'm going to write about this on my blog! About meeting Miley and how she called me ugly because I wasn't wearing any makeup! This is perfect!" Then I woke up. But I still think it's blog worthy.

Something in my subconscious created that dream. Something about me thinks that something about Miley would be disgusted without Makeup, yet I know that's not true in reality. I've seen pictures of her without makeup. But we're talking about Dream Miley. (remember: Dream Miley - bitch, Real Miley - i have no idea). And it's so easy for me to call her that. Yet, I have Christ living inside of me. And I'm ashamed, now, of the part of me that is human and sinful and easily angered.

It was just a dream. But it did get me thinking. Not about anything really that profound or deep, just thinking. Re-thinking about the boys who commented on my nappy hair, thinking about celebrity life and how going a year without makeup would be impossible for them. So I'm thankful for this time in my life, cause it's perfect, and that's how God writes His stories, perfectly.

That's all for now. More observations and profound or not-so-profound thoughts to come.

Time for my second Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vinegar shower of the week. Let's hope my hair is starting to adjust.

1 comment:

  1. is it bad that i agree? i think she'd be that way in real life. oops. hrm. haha. xo

    ReplyDelete